- Competitive salary package of $105,446 TRP (including salary $93,859) PRO RATA
- Up to 3.5k for relocation assistance available
- Part-time position based in Darwin
Catholic Care exist to make a positive difference in people’s lives. With over 25 years in the Northern Territory and having a strong values base Catholic Care are experts in strengthening and empowering people and communities to make difficult situations more manageable.
What’s in it for you?
- SCHADS Award Level 5 – $105,446 TRP (including salary $93,859) PRO RATA
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Part time position (3 days per week) based in Darwin
- Up to 3.5k for relocation assistance offered
- Access to NT PHN scholarships and bursaries
- Provide information, non-legal advocacy and mental health support for participants before, during and after court dates
- Undertake risk assessments that promote and support the continued safety of women & children, that identifies mental health support needs
- Referral of participants to appropriate mental health services
- Apply evidence based, trauma informed practice principles to work towards agreed upon goals that aim to deliver participant wellbeing outcomes and build capacity & resilience
- Relevant qualification in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work or Counselling Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA
- Demonstrated knowledge and awareness of the dynamics, impacts and effects of domestic and family violence on families and individuals
- The ability to provide trauma-informed care and an understanding of the impact of abuse on mental health
- Experience in conducting mental health assessments, particularly those related to trauma, anxiety, depression, and other psychological effects resulting from the experience of domestic violence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong file management including case notes and records of engagement with clients
- Capacity to travel remotely on a regular basis which may include long distance road travel (driving), travel in light aircraft and staying in basic accommodation.
NT PHN/RWA NT may be able to offer relocation support and clinical educational financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment and further clinical education.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Ashleigh McDonald on 08 8982 1056 or firstname.lastname@example.org