- Gain Australian AHPRA registration via the RACGP PEP Specialist Pathway Program
- Enjoy a competitive salary with flexible work options
- Work in engaging and diverse work, fast-tracking your career
Are you an overseas general practitioner with a recognised specialist qualification?
We are partnering with health services across the Northern Territory that are seeking passionate GP’s to be part of their committed clinical teams.
What’s the program?
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) recognised doctors who are considered to be substantially or partially comparable specialists through the Practice Experience Program (PEP).
This Specialist Pathway applies to overseas-trained specialist GPs who seek to work in Australia and be comparability assessed to meet the standard of an Australian-trained specialist GP.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the PEP Specialist Stream you must:
- Hold and RACGP recognised specialist qualification in general practice
- Complete a comparability assessment
For more information, please see the list below to know your curriculum classification:
- Canada – Certification in the College of Family Physicians
- Hong Kong – Fellow of Hong Kong College of Family Physicians
- Ireland – Membership of the Irish College of General Practitioners
- Malaysia – Membership of the Academy of Family Physicians of Malaysia
- Malta – Specialist in Family Medicine
- New Zealand – Fellowship of the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners
- Spain – Specialist in Family and Community Medicine
- Sweden – Certificate of Specific Training for General Practice
- United Kingdom – Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners
- Malaysia – Master in Family Medicine, National University of Malaysia
- Netherlands – Certificate of Specific Training for General Practice
- Philippines – Diplomate of Family and Community Medicine
- Saudi Arabia – Saudi Board in Family Medicine
- Singapore – Master of Medicine in Family Medicine
- South Africa – Fellowship of the College of Family Physicians of South Africa – FCFP(SA)
- Sri Lanka – MD Family Medicine (Family Medicine Specialist Board certification required)
- United Kingdom – Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners International -South Asia
- USA – Certification of the American Board of Family Medicine
What’s in it for you?
- Explore job offers from a of mix of bulk and private billing practices
- Bill for services under the highest value MBS items
- Have access to educational resources while working under supervision and progressing towards Fellowship
- Experience tropical disease not seen elsewhere in Australia, learning a broad range of clinical skills to fast track your career
- Forge enduring professional relationships and friendships
- Become a valued member of the NT community, while enjoying the laid-back Territory lifestyle
- Discover captivating scenic sites, with opportunities for world-class fishing, camping, waterfall excursions, hiking trails, invigorating 4WD journeys, and a medley of cultural tours and encounters
What do you need to apply?
- Hold a specialist general practice qualification with a recognised curriculum and provide evidence of the training route completed and assessments undertaken
- Complete a summative assessment comprising both theoretical and practical components equivalent to those utilised within the RACGP examinations.
- Detail your experience within both the last 12 months and last four years
- Completion of 50 hours CPD in the last 12 months and complete 10 case analyses
- Explain any gaps in clinical practice of longer than three months
- Provide required credentialing and identity documents
- Have a recognised job offer
- Complete a right to work application with required evidence
How we can assist you?
Our dedicated GP recruitment team is committed to understanding and catering to your unique needs. We engage in tailored discussions to identify the most suitable job opportunities for you and your family.
Alongside this, we provide guidance on program requirements, ensuring a smooth and informed transition for you into your new role. Our goal is to support you every step of the way, ensuring a perfect fit for your professional and personal needs.
NT PHN/RWA NT is committed to supporting health professionals in their career advancement.
We offer both support and financial assistance to those relocating to the Northern Territory or moving to areas of greater remoteness for employment and further clinical education purposes in the NT. This initiative is designed to facilitate your transition and enhance your professional growth in these communities.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity or more information, please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010 or email email@example.com.