- Flexible working – full time or part time contractor positions
- Free supervision
- Professional development opportunities
Gidget Foundation Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents
“Gidget” was the nickname of a vibrant young mother who tragically took her own life while suffering postnatal depression. She hid her suffering from even her loving family and friends. Together, they created Gidget Foundation Australia determined that what happened to Gidget would not happen to others
What’s in it for you?
- Free Supervision (group and individual) and professional development opportunities.
- Access to free specialist PMH seminars
- Full-time or multiple part time contractor positions
- Centralised appointment booking and management.
- Opportunity to specialise in perinatal mental health and early intervention
- Deliver psychological support to expectant and new parents, both virtually through the Start Talking national telehealth program and in various regional and metropolitan locations across the Northern Territory
- Provide a wide range of individual, couple and parent-infant therapies to women and their partners
- Provide pre-conception counselling and services to those experiencing, or at risk of developing, perinatal depression, anxiety or trauma related disorders.
- Provide support to women and their partners who have experiences a pregnancy or childbirth-related loss
Is this the right role for you?
- Open to Clinical Psychologists, Registered Psychologists, accredited Mental Health Social Workers or Mental Health Occupational Therapists
- AHPRA registration with endorsements in psychology or accreditation as a mental health social worker.
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehensive psychological assessment and evidence-based therapy relevant to expectant and new parents with perinatal mental health issues
- At least 3 years post-registration experience, with specific experience working with perinatal clients or in a complementary field.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a recovery-oriented model, utilising a person/family centred approach.
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently under approved professional supervision.
- Effective caseload management
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Ashleigh McDonald on 08 8982 1056 or firstname.lastname@example.org