- Earn up to circa $175,000 p.a. including salary packaging options that can increase your take-home pay significantly!
- Relocation assistance + subsidised family-friendly accommodation
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is an Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation.
Our health centres service nine communities, operating from six clinics spread over 45,000 square kilometres in the Big Rivers region. The Sunrise footprint covers Aboriginal communities that have some of the most untouched beautiful landscapes to explore where the locals are welcoming and ready to share their culture.
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation has a number of exciting opportunities for Registered Nurses and RN’s with Midwifery qualifications, to join their dedicated teams in remote communities within the Big Rivers region.
What’s in it for you?
Highly attractive salary packages on offer up to circa $175,000 (dependent on experience).
You will also receive a range of additional generous benefits, including:
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Paid Study Leave available so you can broaden your horizons and upskill during your time with us;
- Post Graduate allowance where applicable;
- Subsidised family-friendly, modern accommodation to help you make the region your new home
- Salary packaging options that increase your take home pay significantly, per FBT year;
- FOIL payment and travel days
- Full support within a dedicated health team; and
- Relocation assistance available for candidates looking to make the region their new home; and
- Leave the shift work behind: you’ll work Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm, with a rotating on-call roster for after-hours services
Some of your key responsibilities and performance indicators will include:
Working collaboratively with a dedicated team to provide primary health care, acute care and accident and emergency care, as required;
Treating acute illness and chronic medical conditions, and completing computerised recalls and patient follow-up care;
Ensuring that programmed outstation visits are completed, and health checks/screenings are completed as required;
Assessment and referral of social welfare issues; and
Providing direction, guidance, training, and support for Aboriginal Health Workers in their everyday work.
- Registration with AHPRA as a general nurse
- Proven broad, comprehensive primary health care experience with advanced clinical skills and competencies needed to work effectively in remote areas
- Previous rural and remote Indigenous nursing experience
- Clear respect for Aboriginal culture and commitment to participate in inter-cultural awareness activities
- A current manual driver’s licence, Ochre Card & recent Police Clearance, or ability to obtain
The Big Rivers region (a 3 hour drive from Darwin) begins south of Kakadu National Park encompassing Pine Creek, then extends over 500km south to Kalkaringi and stretches across the width of the Territory between the Western Australia and Queensland borders. The region is significant in scale, covering over 360,000 square kilometres and accounting for an area greater than that covered by Germany. The region consists of a number of varied natural environments including vast rivers, tropical forests, rocky escarpments and savannah plains.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Lauren Lester on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org