- Remote Aboriginal Medical Service
- Attractive salary package circa $300,000, including relocation assistance and subsidised accommodation
- Work vehicle provided
Are you a dedicated general practitioner seeking to make a significant impact?
Katherine West Health Board (KWHB) invites you to be a part of their mission to deliver exceptional clinical care to the residents of the Katherine West region.
KWHB stands as an Aboriginal Medical Service committed to serving approximately 5000 patients residing in remote communities including Timber Creek and environs, Kalkaringi, Lajamanu, and Yarralin, and aims to enhance the health and overall well-being of the entire Katherine West region.
What’s the role?
- Contribute to comprehensive medical care within a primary health care team
- Manage a diverse caseload encompassing chronic diseases and acute care
- Participate in occasional day visits to satellite clinics; travel may involve both car and plane transportation
What’s in it for you?
- Highly competitive salary package, of circa $300,000
- Benefits of relocation assistance and subsidised housing
- Attractive salary sacrifice options and enjoy 6 weeks of annual leave
- Eligibility for Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) MBS payments of up to $60,000, applicable to MM7 locations
- Work-provided vehicle for efficient transportation
- Regular work schedule: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week; no on-call duties or weekend work
What do you need to apply?
- Hold a current specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Be a Fellow of the RACGP or ACRRM, or possess a minimum of three years’ experience as a GP
- Display cultural awareness and sensitivity, along with knowledge of current issues impacting Aboriginal communities
- Accreditation or experience as a supervisor of GP registrars is advantageous
- Possess broad-based primary care experience suitable for independent practice in a rural/remote setting
If you’re an empathetic medical practitioner with a passion for remote healthcare, we invite you to apply. Together with KWHB, you can bring positive change to the lives of the people in the Katherine West region.
NT PHN/RWA NT may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment and further clinical education.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010 or email email@example.com for more information.