- Malak location
- Up to $3,500 for relocation assistance
- Identified Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander role
CAAPS Aboriginal Corporation is the Parent Organisation for the Darrandirra Child & Family Centre; part of a Territory wide network committed to strengthening families and communities through activities and services.
CAAPS are seeking someone to provide culturally appropriate, trauma informed support to children, young people and families accessing the Darrandirra Child and Family Centre (CFC).
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary of $55,000 – $65,000 + Salary packaging
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Eligibility for professional development grants through NT PHN
- $3,500 relocation assistance for eligible applicants
- Receive training and mentoring with the opportunity to improve and learn new skills
- Family friendly and supportive work environment
- Work collaboratively with vulnerable families and young people; supporting participation in activities and case coordination within the Darrandirra Centre and appropriate local services.
- Conduct strengths-based intake and assessments following CAAPS Intake Framework, identifying strengths, needs and barriers to ensure appropriate referral pathways are provided.
- Facilitate culturally appropriate, evidence based early intervention groups, activities and play experiences for children, young people, and families.
- Support the development of strong partnerships with relevant external services to support engagement, referral pathways, and advocacy for families (supported by coordinator).
- Maintain accurate data and case notes in line with program requirements
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
- Relevant qualification –VET qualification (e.g., Cert III or IV Community Services), Aboriginal Primary Health Care or equivalent tertiary qualification or working towards.
- Demonstrable awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and current issues impacting on the lives of Aboriginal people
- Experience with working collaboratively with vulnerable families and young people.
- Demonstrable experience in conducting thorough strengths-based intake and assessment.
- Demonstrable ability to co-design and develop grassroots programs and activities
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Ashleigh McDonald on 08 8982 1056 or email email@example.com