- Full-time position based in Alice Springs, NT
- Up to $7,000 for relocation assistance
- 6 weeks annual leave
Why Central Australian Aboriginal Congress?
Congress is a comprehensive Aboriginal community-controlled health service, providing primary health care services to Aboriginal Australian persons in Alice Springs and various remote communities in Central Australia.
What’s in it for you?
- Base Salary: $97,987 – $109,746
- Total Effective Package: $119,961 – $133,192 (p.a.)
- Full-time, 1 year Maximum Term Contract in Alice Springs
- A motivating and rewarding work environment
- Opportunity to advance your career and access to CPD Grants
- Financial relocation assistance for eligible candidates (up to $7,000)
The Speech Pathologist role plays an active role in assessment, care planning, treatment and review of children and their families.
- Conduct a range of assessments/observations and produce strategies and/or intensive support to the child, care giver, support staff
- Undertake a clinical caseload involving assessment, diagnosis and management of clients
- Provide outreach support and work with the team to assist families in promoting their child’s health and development
- Work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team and liaise with other Congress and external services to coordinate client care and intervention programs
- Degree in Speech Pathology with eligibility for practicing membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Relevant post graduate experience in the delivery of evidence based interventions for children and their families presenting with complex issues
- Proven skills in the assessment and therapeutic intervention for a range of childhood disabilities including physical, cognitive and emotional development
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture, and history and knowledge of factors influencing the health and lives of Aboriginal children and families in Central Australia
- Knowledge of Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items and ability to claim appropriately
- Current NT Drivers Licence or ability to obtain one
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Ashleigh McDonald on 08 8982 1056 or email@example.com