What is My Health Record?
My Health Record supports health care professionals to better coordinate patient care by ensuring immediate access to more clinical information. This means providers can offer people the best care possible to reduce adverse events, especially during a medical emergency. Having access to a patient’s key health information will allow practitioners to:
- Quickly gain a picture of the health history of a patient whether working in the public or private sector
- Reduce the time you spend sharing and following up to receive information about patients with other healthcare providers
Through the My Health Record system, registered health care providers can access information about their patients such as:
- Hospital Discharge Summaries
- Shared Health Summaries, which include medications, medical history, allergies and immunisations
- Event Summaries, which details information regarding significant health events
- MBS and PBS history and up to date medications
- Medication, prescription and dispense records
- eReferrals and Specialist Letters
- Pathology and diagnostic imaging reports (coming soon)
- With compliant software, health care providers are able to upload clinical
- information about patients, which may be viewed by hospitals and other
- health care providers.
Read more about the My Health Record benefits:
NT PHN Practice Support Team is here to help! We can assist you to register for the My Health Record system and provide ongoing training and support.
For further support contact Practice Support:
t 08 8982 1000