As part of the NT’s response to COVID-19, the Chief Health Officer has the authority to issue directions under the Public and Environmental Health Act 2011.
Under these directions, mandatory vaccination for workers is being implemented across the Territory. This means that anyone who deals with the public must have their first COVID-19 vaccination by 12 November 2021 and their second by 24 December 2021.
The directions are designed to protect the vulnerable members of our community which includes:
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
• People with chronic health conditions
• Aged people
• People with a disability.
NT PHN will, from Monday 15 November 2021 apply this mandatory vaccination policy to any service provider, contractor or subcontractor engaged in work through or for NT PHN where the mode of delivery and type of activity requires entry to NT PHN worksites or involves community-based service delivery, clinical or non-clinical in nature.
The policy will also apply to contractors and suppliers entering our offices.
If you are a commissioned provider, you will receive a letter from us explaining your obligations in line with the CHO Directions.
If you a contractor, consultant or supplier visiting our offices, please help us to meet the requirements of the CHO Directions by following the instructions provided when you enter any of our offices which include:
– Using the Territory Check-In App
– Providing evidence that you have had at least one vaccine (from 15 November) and are fully vaccinated (after 24 December 2021)
– Using hand sanitiser
– Maintaining 1.5m distance from other people wherever you can
– Wearing a mask (at times where this is the current NT Government direction).
We can all play our part in keeping the Territory as safe as possible.