World Diabetes Day is on 14 November, a time to raise awareness of the escalating health threat posed by diabetes.
This year’s theme is ‘access to diabetes healthcare’.
You can take part in the World Diabetes Day campaign to raise awareness of diabetes and the need for greater access to care around the world.
Here are some ideas on how you can get involved….
- Pledge your support for greater access to diabetes care by supporting our online petition.
- Lobby a local or national policymaker to ensure that all people with diabetes have access to the care they need.
- Organise a ‘Learn about diabetes’ event in schools.
- Help people learn their potential risk of type 2 diabetes with our online test.
- Organise or participate in a local diabetes awareness walk.
- Light up a local landmark, your home or workplace in blue.
- Arrange an activity with your work colleagues.
To learn more about diabetes and World Diabetes Day, visit worlddiabetesday.org