Connect, Engage and Inspire Young Territorians
Applications for the 2018 High School to Health Careers Program are now closed.
Follow us on Facebook so you don’t miss important announcements about the 2019 program, including when applications are open. Program dates are expected to be announced in December.
NT PHN’s High School to Health Careers Program is operating on the following dates inclusive of travel days:
Top End: Ended
Arnhem Land: 11/08/2018 to 18/08/2018 – Applications closed
Travel expenses are covered by NT PHN including flights and vehicle hire, however students will be responsible for their own meals and amenities.
Experience in running a Rural High School Visit is not necessary, however you will need to:
- be able to speak confidently about your course/studies and promote health careers in general to large groups and in one-on-one situations
- have an understanding or willingness to learn of the barriers that some people face in going on to university/further studies and how they can potentially overcome these barriers
- be able to conduct a workshop with 6-8 students at a time highlighting some of the 'hands-on' activities related to your health discipline
- cater for the different demographics of the students, you will visit and ensure that content is age appropriate and demographic-specific
- be able to work strongly within a team environment according to policies and processes of NT PHN
- be willing to undertake a clinical observational experience.
Students are strongly encouraged to seek relevant permissions from their course coordinators/lecturers prior to applying to be on the program.
As part of this experience, students will be offered the opportunity to visit with various health clinics and meet some health professionals in the NT, in addition to the time spent conducting the High School to Health Careers Program.
Change your life by helping change someone else’s life.
For more information, contact the NT PHN Careers Pathways Support Coordinator:
t 08 8982 1069