- Part of a team that provides high quality counselling services
- Competitive salary and 5 weeks annual leave
- Professional development opportunities
NT PHN is partnering with Relationship Australia NT (RANT) to find an experienced Counsellor to join their Darwin practice. Relationships Australia is a leading provider of relationship support services for individuals, families and communities. We aim to support all people in Australia to achieve positive and respectful relationships. We are a community-based, not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations. Our services are for all members of the community, regardless of religious belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances. We offer services around the country that include counselling, family dispute resolution (mediation) and a range of family and community support and education programs.
In this role you will be responsible for providing high quality ongoing counselling and where applicable relationship education services to individuals, couples, families and children. The position will involve working collaboratively within the Family and Relationship Services (FaRS) team to maintain excellent standards of practice and may also involve some networking with other agencies.
- Meet RANT’s targets for completed counselling sessions and other activities and provide a high quality of clinical services to individuals, couples, families and children
- Co-facilitate relationship education courses
- Support the development of culturally sensitive and accessible counselling services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse clients
- Maintain self and professional development via accessing in-service training and other professional training opportunities
- Utilize computer systems to maintain Client Information system records, and to access RANT communication systems and information
- Maintain referral protocols with other community agencies, and other professional service providers
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology or Social Work with the relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in counselling with a predominate focus on couples, families, group work and assisting individuals and children across a broad range of issues including experience in the provision of services to those from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to relationship counselling including knowledge of the impact of family and domestic violence on individual, couples, families and the counselling process
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with a wide range of people
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team, fostering the confidence and co-operation of others within the ethos and values of the organisation, and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated competence in computer applications including word processing, use of data bases, electronic diary, and email and web searches
- Work outside normal office hours may be required in the facilitation of Relationship Education courses or the provision of after-hours counselling appointments
BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
- Salary $70,731.35 (Level 5 Pay point 1)
- 5 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development opportunities ($3,000 – total of 10 days leave)
- $200 per financial year as part of the organisations commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of its staff
The successful candidate must be willing to obtain a satisfactory police clearance and working with children’s card (Ochre) prior to commencement in this role.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our Recruitment and Retention Team for a confidential discussion today.
t 08 8982 1000
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The Location: Katherine Region
The town of Katherine is the thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine river and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend activity.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!