- $65,000 - $100,000
- Ability to earn Commission
- Multidisciplinary team
With ten years’ experience in the Territory, Industry Health Solutions is a well-established and progressive practice known for delivering excellent patient outcomes in a fun and friendly environment. A Darwin born company servicing Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine and other areas in the NT, Industry Health Solutions is expanding due to a popular following amongst patients and medical referrers and an excellent community reputation. Industry Health Solution’s services are based on contemporary biopsychosocial approaches and evidenced based interventions. The goal is for win-win outcomes that positively impact client’s bottom line and social outcomes in their home and workplace.
Industry Health Solutions have full time, part time and casual positions available for Occupational Therapists who are eager to take on new and exciting challenges, with a desire to excel in private practice and develop their clinical knowledge and skills.
The successful candidate will have fantastic people and communication skills and enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team. In return, the successful candidate will earn a competitive base salary and be eligible to earn uncapped commission based on performance and case load as you grow and develop into your role.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- In consultation with clients and their families, assess the client’s capacity to independently participate in activities of daily living, and instrumental activities of daily living including home and community activities, learning and education, employment, and recreation.
- Prescription of assistive equipment and/or services and home modifications to enhance safety and independence.
- Administration and interpretation of assessments and treatment plan formulation.
- Application of a range of evidence-based clinical interventions.
- Train clients in the use of assistive devices and equipment to enhance access to developmentally appropriate activities.
- Writing individualised assessment and program reports.
As well as a wonderful lifestyle and a rewarding working environment, Industry Health Solutions offers the following:
- Base salary range of $65,000 - $100,000, plus uncapped commission incentives based on case load and performance
- Access to paid training days and professional development opportunities
- Intensive supervision for graduate occupational therapists
- 37.5 hour working week
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Consideration for flexible working hours
- Retention bonus after 2 years’ service
- Reception and administration support
- Potential eligibility to apply for external relocation and Continued Professional Development grants.
To be considered for the position you will meet and address the below selection criteria:
- Occupational Therapy qualification as recognised by the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia and current registration with AHPRA.
- Medicare provider number, or ability to obtain.
- Experience working with clients with chronic pain and/or interest in developing these skills.
- A high level of competence in assessment and application of a range of evidence-based clinical interventions to improve safety and independence for clients living in the community.
- Knowledge of and post-graduate clinical experience in best practice management of neurological disorders, wheelchair and seating and environmental modifications.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and report writing skills.
- Ability to establish relationships with referrers and promote services.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft applications
- Hold a current NT working with Children’s Clearance (OCHRE card) or ability to obtain.
To apply for this position with Industry Health Solutions, please apply including your up to date resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) offers support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the Recruitment and Retention team.
The Top End region is home to Darwin, Australia's only tropical capital city. Darwin is arguably one of Australia's most cosmopolitan cities with a population consisting of more than 60 nationalities. The greater Darwin area has a population of approximately 120,500 people. The city's multicultural mix is highlighted by its many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets. There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained including the Deckchair Cinema, sailing, museums and shopping centres as well as being nearby Litchfield National Park for great camping and swimming. The region has a tropical climate with a distinctively dry and wet season.
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity contact the Recruitment and Retention team:
t 08 8982 1010