- Be part of a team that aims to empower clients to improve their well-being and management of mental health issues
- Competitive Salary on offer dependent on experience
- Supportive, friendly practice where work/life balance is prioritised, and flexible working arrangements are a given
NT PHN are partnering with Outlook Psychology Practice (OPP) to find a Registered Psychologist to join their friendly and supportive team in Nhulunbuy. OPP promotes the mental well-being of individuals and families in East Arnhem communities, by providing professional and accessible counselling and psychological services, for all ages. OPP core values include compassion, trust and respect, and these values guide the Clinicians client focus, quality treatment and professional expertise. OPP aims to empower clients to improve their well-being and management of mental health issues and their services contributes to the prevention and early intervention of mental illness.
In this role you will provide high quality psychological assessment and intervention for clients within the context of Primary Health Care. This includes clinic-based and school-based appointments.
- Provide high quality psychological assessment and intervention for clients within the context of Primary Health Care in a professional, confidential and culturally safe manner, in keeping with accepted best practice standards.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team to coordinate care for people, including liaising with internal and external service providers and actively participate in case review meetings
- Relate to people in a manner which is culturally relevant and appropriate to their developmental and cognitive level of functioning and provide services in a friendly manner
- Conduct bio-psycho-social assessments, including assessment of suicide risk and violence risk and provide follow up support, referrals and treatment
- Monitor patients for critical changes and initiate appropriate emergency procedure in partnership with acute care providers and medical specialists as indicated
- Knowledge and understanding of, and adherence to relevant legislation, policies and issues impacting on service delivery for people and their families
- Deliver psycho-educational sessions and in-service education sessions in areas relevant to psychology and service provision to organisational staff, community organisations or community groups
- Incorporate a holistic approach to health care that incorporates health promotion activities according to community and organisational priorities
- Ensure information is recorded accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record system, and that records are maintained in accordance with legislative standards
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Tertiary level qualification in Psychology with registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience working with adults, adolescents and children from a range of diverse backgrounds
- Professional indemnity insurance and access to a Medicare provider number
- Demonstrated ability to independently make sound judgement with minimum supervision such as the selection of appropriate clinical tests and preparation of specialist reports and treatment recommendations.
BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
- Salary range $80,000 - $110,000 depending on level of experience
- 5 weeks annual leave & 20% leave loading
- Subsidized accommodation as per employment agreement – 2-bedroom unit or 3-bedroom house
- Work in a supportive, friendly practice where work/life balance is prioritized, and with flexible working arrangements
- General professional development opportunities with financial support
- Monthly Bonuses for exceeding targets
The successful candidate must be willing to obtain a satisfactory police clearance and working with children clearance (Ochre) prior to commencement in this role.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our Recruitment and Retention Team for a confidential discussion today.
t 08 8982 1070
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The location: Arnhem Land Region
Nhulunbuy is located in north east Arnhem Land where the Gulf of Carpentaria meets the Arafura Sea. The climate in Arnhem Land is tropical, with two distinct seasons: the wet and the dry. The area is great for fishing and it is argued that this area offers some of the best fishing and oldest Aboriginal rock art in the world. Nhulunbuy is the central hub of the region and is well facilitated with amenities such as schools, a supermarket, markets and a variety of recreational activities and sports clubs. The main town was purpose built in the 1960s for the mining industry and has a population of just under 4000, however the Yolgnu Aboriginal people, one of the largest Indigenous groups in Australia, have lived in the region for at least 40,000 years. The Yolngu people are famous for their bark paintings and traditional Aboriginal culture.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!