- Rewarding opportunity to deliver comprehensive primary health care
- Immerse yourself in a remote community in the Katherine region
- Enjoy an excellent salary and benefits
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (SHSAC) is a community controlled health organisation providing comprehensive primary health care services through nine remote health centres to some 4000 people living in the Katherine East region. Health centres are located at Barunga, Manyallaluk, Wugularr, Bulman, Mataranka, Jilkminggan, Minyerri, Ngukurr and Urapunga.
The SHSAC approach involves community people owning and controlling their health services. Strategic direction is set by the SHSAC Board with the aim of providing comprehensive primary health care programs that are holistic and culturally safe. It is a “two way learning” model where program design combines traditional knowledge with Western evidence-based practice.
The Primary Health Care Nurse will be a valuable partner providing comprehensive primary health care services using a holistic approach, to all clients in their community. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong background in delivering culturally safe health care. They will be tenacious, passionate and perform well under pressure. With a focus on prevention rather than just disease management, the Primary Health Care Nurse will display energy and enthusiasm in educating and empowering clients to help them achieve their best health.
Responsibilities of the Primary Health Care Nurse include:
- Providing quality, comprehensive primary health care to individuals, family and the community
- Promoting and supporting Aboriginal Health Practitioners (AHP’s) as the key health providers in the community
- Maintaining and utilising accurate information systems such as client recall, computer systems, data and other records required for the efficient, effective management of clients including the Communicare patient management system
- Prioritising the delivery of preventative programs, health checks and screenings whenever possible
- Enjoy 6 weeks annual leave per year
- Salary starting at $103,067 PLUS Superannuation
- Generous Salary Packaging available
- Relocation assistance and subsidised accommodation
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a General Nurse and holds a current practising certificate
- Proven broad, comprehensive primary health care experience with advanced clinical skills and competencies needed to work effectively in remote areas
- Clear respect for Aboriginal culture, willingness to listen and learn and commitment to participate in inter-cultural awareness activities
- Current unrestricted manual driver’s licence
- A full summary of both role responsibilities and essential criteria are contained within the position description
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity contact our recruitment and retention team:
t 08 8982 1010
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) offers support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The town of Katherine is the thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three-hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine River and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend activity.