- Opportunity to work in Aboriginal health
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits
- Work with a dedicated team of health professionals
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (Wurli) is an Aboriginal community controlled organisation, governed by a Board of Directors elected by their members who live in Katherine and the surrounding communities. Wurli-Wurlingjang provides clinical services from two different locations in Katherine; Main clinic at 25 Third Street and Gudbinji Chronic Disease Clinic at 6 Kintore Street.
The successful nurse will be responsible for the delivery of client services in accordance with Wurli’s policy and procedures,. Their provision of care will be directed and is in line with the CARPA standard treatment manual and applicable legislation and regulations. Depending on the clinic and / or program, the nurse may assess and treat clients, deliver specific health care programs or specialise in a particular health care service.
- Provide direct and comprehensive Nursing care and individual case management to clients within the context of Primary Health Care in a professional, confidential and culturally safe manner Nursing Clinical services may include, but are not limited to:
- Screen patients and treat according to CARPA protocols
- Providing health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services within your scope of practice (respond to health problems presented by our clients) · Refer patients appropriately to other providers if their needs exceed the range of care within your scope of practice, including referrals to other services within Wurli
- Explain procedures and treatment to clients to gain cooperation and understanding, and allow clients to make informed decisions about their health management
- Contribute to the effective management of patient care plan systems, including participating in patient care conferences, managing patient follow-up procedures.
- Use patient information system (Communicare/PCIS) to identify care needs and document patient consultation in patient’s medical file.
- Assist Doctors and other health professionals with communication, treatment and any advice relevant to a client’s treatment.
- Assist in the provision of high quality emergency care that at times is independent but with support from other health professionals.
- Bachelor of Nursing and with AHPRA registered
- Degree in Nursing or working towards other relevant specialised qualifications
- National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
A full summary of both role responsibilities and essential criteria are contained within the position description.
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity, contact the recruitment and retention team:
t 08 8982 1010
Applicants are required to provide a current CV and contact details for at least two referees.
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) offers support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The town of Katherine is the thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three-hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine River and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend activity.