- Be part of a team that delivers comprehensive Health care services to the area east of Katherine
- Competitive Salary with 6 weeks annual leave
- Travel to remote Communities
NT PHN are partnering with Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (SHSAC) to find an Intensive Family Support Service Manager (IFSSM) to work as part of their comprehensive Primary Health Care team. SHSAC is an independent, community-controlled health service that’s main purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of the people in the region east of Katherine in the Northern Territory.
In this role you will be responsible for acting upon referrals from the Northern Territory Department of Children and Families, as well as from the community and self-referrals. The principle responsibilities of the position include the provision of Intensive Family Support Service assessment, service interventions and counselling-related issues. These may include home-based and community based intensive service’s targeted to reduce child neglect with a focus on improving parental skills and how to provide better care for children. The IFSS program is currently running in Ngukurr and part of this role you will be required to travel weekly out there to support the programs team.
- Manage the IFSS Program including budgets, reporting and data analysis
- Accept referrals and undertake assessments, development of plans and delivery of services/activities for clients who have been referred to the program for services
- Ensure that each client and the community receive coordinated services that are planned, reliable and meet specific ongoing needs in a culturally appropriate manner
- Ensure health promotion delivery from within the program including program outcomes of reduced neglect improved parental functioning
- Provide advice to support, manage, direct and up skill IFSS staff based in Ngukurr
- Work with SHS Executive and the Manager, Community Health at Ngukurr to develop strategies to develop the program to a point where the delivery if the service provision is transferred to a local and sustainable community level service delivery model
- Liaise regularly with senior elders for strategic or program issues
- Roll the program out to other communities if/when funding becomes available
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Mental Health Social work and/or Psychology
- Demonstrated expertise in Child Protection and Intensive Family Support with clinical skills and experience in a child and family service related setting
- Experience of, and adherence to, the principles of Aboriginal community control of health services and ability to practice in a sensitive and culturally safe manner
- Excellent written, oral and cross-cultural skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels including writing high level and complex reports, service delivery plans and performance reports to funding bodies
- Knowledge of Primary Health Care Principles and their application in a remote Aboriginal Community
- Demonstrated ability in the management of a highly specialised team in adverse and high-pressure situations working closely with Indigenous families
- Proven high level inter-sectorial Management experience
BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
- Salary range $102,921 - $115,267
- 6 weeks annual leave
- General professional development opportunities up to 2 weeks
- Salary sacrifice and Salary Packages
The successful candidate must be willing to obtain a satisfactory police clearance prior to commencement in this role; or
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our Recruitment and Retention Team for a confidential discussion today.
t 08 8982 1000
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The Location: Katherine Region
The town of Katherine is the thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine river and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend activity.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!