- Enjoy a competitive salary and salary packing options
- Access six weeks leave
- Work with a passionate team
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service (DDHS) is a community-controlled organisation providing comprehensive primary health care services to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. The mission of DDHS is to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social well-being of its clients through innovative, comprehensive primary health care programs that are based on the principles of equity, access, empowerment, community self-determination and inter-sectoral collaboration.
The Aboriginal Health Practitioner (AHP) will participate in the provision of comprehensive primary health care to the Indigenous people of the Greater Darwin Area. In addition the AHP will provide a support role to other health practitioners both within the organisation and the community. The AHP is crucial to maintaining cultural integrity and advocates strongly for every patient at Danila Dilba.
- Current registration as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner with APHRA
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in a primary health care practice;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team;
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated liaison and negotiation skills with the ability to engage with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds;
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, with strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks.;
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Word and Excel (or similar) as well as the ability to use clinical practice software;
- Demonstrated high standard of written skills in the preparation of detailed reports, general correspondence and documentations with an understanding of confidentiality.
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) offers support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The Location: Darwin
The Top End region is home to Darwin, Australia's only tropical capital city. Darwin is arguably one of Australia's most cosmopolitan cities with a population consisting of more than 60 nationalities. The greater Darwin area has a population of approximately 120,500 people. The city's multicultural mix is highlighted by its many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets. There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained, including the Deckchair Cinema, sailing, museums and shopping centres, as well as being nearby Litchfield National Park for great camping and swimming. The region has a tropical climate with a distinctive dry and wet season.
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity contact the recruitment and retention team:
t 08 8982 1010
Applicants are required to provide a current CV and contact details for at least two referees.