- Generous percentage of billings
- Negotiated re-location package
- Family friendly practice
NT PHN are partnering with Top End Medical Centre to find a General Practitioner to join their well-established passionate and committed team in their Stuart Park Clinic. Top End Medical has a diverse range of patients from differing backgrounds, that are serviced by four practices in the greater Darwin area. Our clinics are family-friendly, and understand the importance of providing the best quality medical care to you and your family.
The role requires the General Practitioner to consult with patients presenting to the general practice, with broad and varied symptoms. Patient ages and conditions will vary, and the successful candidate will be able to consult on all levels and offer comprehensive medical treatment as required.
- Deliver medical diagnosis and treatment to a broad range of presenting patients
- Perform ECG interpretation, pulmonary function tests and minor surgical procedures
- Promote and educate patients on preventative care
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure best health outcomes
- Refer patients to specialists as required
- Manage aged care and mental health conditions
- Consult on women’s health issues, by providing comprehensive health checks
- Provide antenatal care
- Provide childhood and travel vaccination advice
- Consult on work cover injuries
- Attend to medical and surgical emergencies as required
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Eligible for AHPRA registration as a medical practitioner
- Fellow of RACGP for practice in Australia on the Specialist Pathway
- Commitment to sitting and passing the FRACGP examinations within 4 years
- Current resume detailing skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience providing quality GP healthcare
- Verified Medical Degree
- Medical Liability Insurance
- Medicare Prescriber/Provider Number
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current Police Clearance or willingness to obtain
- NT Working with Children Ochre Card or willingness to obtain
For International medical graduates please provide the following:
- Up to date CV
- EICS or EPIC verification of your medical degree(s)
- AMC MCQ and AMC Clinical test results or documents to support eligibility for the Competent Authority Pathway, Standard or Specialist Pathway
- OET or IELTS Test Results (OET: B in every band in one sitting or IELTS: no less than 7 in each band and an average of 7.5 overall)
- RACGP assessment (minimum five years GP experience)
- Pass PESCI with level 2 supervision
- Evidence of full working rights within Australia
Vocationally registered as a GP, and ideally a fellow of RACGP or ACRRM or have general registration. We will also accept applications from international medical graduates on the specialist pathway.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Work with a committed passionate team
- Great work/life balance
- Generous percentage of billings
- Negotiated re-location options
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle in an ideal setting for weekend fishing, exploring or relaxing
- Live in Darwin and explore close by wonders, such as Kakadu, Litchfield and Katherine Gorge
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our recruitment and retention team for a confidential discussion today.
t 08 8982 1010
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The Location: The Top End
The Top End region is home to Darwin, Australia's only tropical capital city. Darwin is arguably one of Australia's most cosmopolitan cities with a population consisting of more than 60 nationalities. The greater Darwin area has a population of approximately 120,500 people. The city's multicultural mix is highlighted by its many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets. There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained including the Deckchair Cinema, sailing, museums and shopping centres as well as being nearby Litchfield National Park for great camping and swimming. The region has a tropical climate with a distinctive dry and wet season.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!