NT PHN are partnering with Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation, to find a female STI Coordinator and a male STI Coordinator, to service their 9 remote communities in the eastern Katherine Northern Territory region. Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation’s main purpose is to improve the health and well being of the people in the region east of Katherine. Sunrise have a holistic approach to deliver high standard of medical care, the promotion of social justice and the overcoming of the sickness in the region, whilst encouraging people to take part in controlling their own health.
Working with a multidisciplinary population team, the two Sexual Health Coordinators are responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality sexual health services to all of the people in the Sunrise region. This includes delivery of sexual health services, upskilling of staff and health promotion.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide clinical services for clients to support the aims of the Sexual Health Program
- Work collaboratively with the other Sexual Health Coordinator to review sexual health pathology results
- Facilitating and overseeing the management, contact tracing, follow up, and notifications of sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- Promote the use of a culturally appropriate service for indigenous staff and clients within the Sunrise Health Service region
- Collaborate with youth, education and other agencies to develop, Implement, and evaluate health promotion activities
- Increase community awareness, health literacy and knowledge of sexual health and blood born viruses
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Registered General Nurse with AHPRA or Senior Aboriginal Health Professional (AHP)
- Minimum of 5yrs relevant experience, preferably in sexual health/BBV
- Proven understanding of the principles of Aboriginal community control of health services
- Ability to practice in a sensitive and culturally safe manner in a remote Aboriginal community
- Demonstrated knowledge of Primary Health Care Principles, including social determinants
- Current Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Ochre Card
- Unrestricted manual driver’s License
- Ability to travel in light aircraft or 4 wheel drive with some overnight stays in Sunrise Health Service remote communities
- Experience in planning and developing, implementing and evaluating STI program
- Qualification in Sexual and Reproductive Health or equivalent
Benefits and Incentives:
- Remuneration of $101,726 - $110,729
- Salary Sacrifice of up to $15,899
- Ongoing contract, subject to funding
- Re-location assistance of up to $4,887, for eligible candidates
- 37.5hr working week
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 2 weeks study leave
- Utilise your skills and experience to educate and deliver quality sexual health services
- Opportunity to explore the Katherine region, including Katherine Gorge, Mataranka Hot Springs and other natural wonders in the Katherine region
Candidates are required to address the above listed essential criteria and provide a cover letter and resume with their application, to be considered for this role. Please also provide two contactable referees.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our Recruitment and Retention Team for a confidential discussion today.
t 08 8982 1010
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The town of Katherine is the thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine river and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!