NT PHN are partnering with Central Clinic in Alice Springs Northern Territory, to find a Vocationally Registered General Practitioner to join a committed team in their well-established practice in Alice Springs. Central Clinic is committed to providing comprehensive General Practice care to individuals and families in the Alice Springs Community. Services offered include, emergency medical appointments, home/nursing home visits, skin checks, allied health services, aviation medicals, general and vascular surgeon specialist appointments, as well as general medical appointments.
About the role:
Being a passionate General Practitioner, experienced in outstanding patient management, will assist the expanding clinic to provide quality healthcare to the Alice Springs community. The role has the opportunity for the General Practitioner to improve health outcomes by working in a unique region of Australia, whilst having the opportunity to gain experience in chronic and tropical diseases.
- Deliver comprehensive high quality clinical consultations
- Provide services in a respectful manner, being culturally aware of client’s practices and beliefs
- Deliver healthcare in a manner that respects and honours clients as central decision makers in their health care
- Consult and collaborate with colleagues to provide optimal care
- Deliver a patient focused approach with genuine empathy and interest
- Actively encourage preventative healthcare
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Teaching/Supervision of medical students/junior doctors/GP registrars
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Verified Medical Degree
- Current Specialist AHPRA Registration
- Fellow of FACRRM or FRACGP
- Minimum of 2-5yrs experience in general practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Cultural awareness
- Current Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Ochre Card
- Covering letter and Resume with two contactable referees
- Experience in Aboriginal health
- Accredited GP Supervisor
Benefits and Incentives:
- Contract period 12 months to 3 years
- Generous percentage of billings
- Full or part time working hours
- Alice Springs location
- Opportunity to develop unique experience
- Impart your knowledge and skills and see the difference you make
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our Recruitment and Retention Team for a confidential discussion today.
t 08 8982 1010
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The Location: Alice Springs
Famously known for Uluru, the Red Centre region of Central Australia is a desert environment with mainly dry hot summers and cool dry winters. The area draws tourist interest due to the town of Alice Springs and the impressive natural attractions in the area such as Palm Valley National Park, the West MacDonnell Ranges, the Finke Gorge and popular events such as the Camel Cup. 'The Alice' is the second largest town in the Territory with more than 25,000 people calling it home. The town has all the amenities one needs, with shopping malls, schools and recreational activities available.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!