- Join a national leading authority on epilepsy
- Play a part in educating and creating public awareness around the condition
- Casual to regular income potential
Being the only national organisation, Epilepsy Action Australia is the leading and oldest provider of epilepsy services nationwide. We focus on improving self-management skills and increasing wider public understanding of epilepsy. We are at the forefront of partnering and funding research into interventions and treatments.
As a Registered Nurse in Darwin, this is a fantastic opportunity to apply your clinical skills and become a part of our national Licensed Epilepsy team. The role of the trainer is to provide professional education and training services to community organisations, schools and any other service requesting epilepsy training sessions.
The trainer is responsible for delivering educational sessions and training for families, medical professionals, facility staff in schools, disability homes and other organisations, as well as working with and servicing our client group. There is also opportunity to market and promote the epilepsy training services to new and prospective clients to increase awareness.
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity, contact the recruitment and retention team:
t 08 8982 1010
Applicants are required to provide a current CV and contact details for at least two referees.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- High level clinical knowledge relevant to epilepsy
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently with remote supervision
- Presentation skills
- Computer literacy
- Current driver’s license and own vehicle
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, with proven experience in providing clinical education desirable
- Previous experience in a similar community-based role or related specialty, would be highly regarded
- Passionate about making an impact in people's lives
Benefits and incentives:
- Opportunity to combine your clinical skills in a training capacity
- All information, training and education materials provided
- Gain supplementary income, whilst providing a community service to those affected by epilepsy
- Be part of a national team that is making a real difference
- Opportunity for further training education
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) offers support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the Recruitment and Retention team.
The Top End region is home to Darwin, Australia's only tropical capital city. Darwin is arguably one of Australia's most cosmopolitan cities with a population consisting of more than 60 nationalities. The greater Darwin area has a population of approximately 120,500 people. The city's multicultural mix is highlighted by its many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets. There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained including the Deckchair Cinema, sailing, museums and shopping centres as well as being nearby Litchfield National Park for great camping and swimming. The region has a tropical climate with a distinctively dry and wet season.