NT PHN are partnering with Gorge Health to find a General Practitioner to join their well-established passionate team in their Katherine clinic. Gorge Health is a fully computerised and accredited private practice and hosts medical students from all around Australia, as well as training general practice registrars. As the only private practice in the NT outside of Darwin and Alice Springs, Gorge Health takes great pride in looking after the health of their local people. We specialise in preventative health care.
An opportunity for an experienced General Practitioner to join the team at Gorge Health on a fulltime basis, with flexibility in how you manage your hours and patient list. Gorge Health has a long-standing established patient base, and the successful candidate will be welcomed into an enthusiastic and dynamic team, and will enjoy a generous percentage of billings, plus 100% SIPS and negotiable percentage of PIPs, with no on call or emergency work. Being successful in a position with George Health, you will work alongside a talented and dedicated team consisting of two General Practitioners (GP) (FRACGP), registrars, practice nurse and an admin team. George Health hosts visiting specialists from a range of disciplines including audiology, podiatry, psychology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and more.
- Provide comprehensive primary health care for individuals, families and communities
- Deliver healthcare in a manner that respects and honours clients as central decision makers in their health care
- Provide excellent quality healthcare, whilst being culturally aware of diverse backgrounds
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues to provide optimal care
- Promote and encourage preventative healthcare
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Eligible for AHPRA registration as a medical practitioner
- Eligible for recognition by the RACGP for practice in Australia on the Specialist Pathway
- Commitment to sitting and passing the FRACGP examinations within 4 years
- Minor surgical procedures
- General Practice consultation skills (knowledge of Family Practice)
- Shared antenatal care
- Chronic disease management
- Research and Teaching
- Involvement in Quality Improvement Programs within the practice
- Maintaining ongoing Continuing Professional Development
- Assistance in training and supporting medical students and GP registrars as required
- Occupational Health and Safety as required by Gorge Health Services
- Medical indemnity
- Provider number
- Supervision requirements as set out by AHPRA and the RACGP
The candidate will be vocationally registered as a GP, ideally with the RACGP or ACRRM or have general registration. We will also accept applications from international medical graduates on the specialist pathway.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Generous % of billing
- 100% SIPS and negotiable percentage of PIPs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work alongside a talented and dedicated team
- Support from visiting Specialists from a range of disciplines
- No on call or emergency work
- Work in a rural setting with modern conveniences close at hand
- Explore the Katherine surrounds and discover the natural wonders in the region, such as Katherine Gorge, Nitmiluk National Park and Mataranka Hot Springs
The following documents will be required as part of the application process:
Australian medical graduates:
- Up to date CV
- Verified Australian medical degree
- AHPRA registration details
International medical graduates:
- Up to date CV
- EICS or EPIC verification of your medical degree(s)
- AMC MCQ and AMC Clinical test results or documents to support eligibility for the Competent Authority Pathway, Standard or Specialist Pathway
- OET or IELTS Test Results (OET: B in every band in one sitting or IELTS: no less than 7 in each band and an average of 7.5 overall)
- RACGP assessment (minimum five years GP experience)
- Evidence of full working rights within Australia
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our recruitment and retention team for a confidential discussion today.
t 08 8982 1010
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The Location: Katherine Region
The town of Katherine is the thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine River and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. The climate is tropical with a wet and hot summer and a warm dry winter.
Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend activity.There is a large Air force Base close by and families of serving members also attend the practice. There is a large influx of tourists during the winter months which increase the numbers significantly.
There is a district hospital with 60 beds and a staff of 18 medical officers. This hospital has an Accident and Emergency, Maternity, Surgical and Medical inpatient facilities and visiting specialists from Darwin provide the majority of outpatient services. In the town are many businesses and organisations that provide a wide variety of services including physiotherapy, speech therapy, mental health and radiology. There are 5 primary schools and 2 secondary schools, good shopping facilities and ample recreational facilities.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!