- Join a passionate team in Katherine NT
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Ongoing CPD
Who is NT Friendship and Support?
NT Friendship & Support Inc is a not for profit organisation offering services to Katherine, Alice Springs and surrounding regional Communities. They provide a wide range of support services to individuals and families living with a disability, social support for seniors, short term accommodation and deliver out of home care for children under the NT Care and Protection Act. NT Friendship & Support are a progressive, contemporary outside of the box innovative organisation, with person centered proactive at their core.
About the role
- NT PHN are partnering with NT Friendship and Support to find a Speech Pathologist to join their Katherine Office in the Northern Territory. This is a newly created role which will encompass NT Friendship and Support’s new placement program partnership with Flinders University. The role will supervise appropriate student placements undertaking Allied Health Disciplines of Occupational therapy and Speech Pathology.
- This role will also qualify for Academic status associated with Flinders University.
As the Speech Pathologist, your responsibilities will include:
- Liaison with NDIA staff, Aged Care providers, Coordination of Supports and Plan Managers.
- Working closely with clients, families and stakeholders of the organisation.
- Provision of Speech Pathology services to client in a clinic, home and community setting.
- Assessing and developing Behavioural Support Plans.
- Applying a best practice approach Providing necessary assessment and treatments in relation to client needs and goals.
- Commitment to client outcomes and evidence-based practice.
- Working with and partnering with people from various cultures and backgrounds and ensuring cultural sensitivity is applied were necessary.
- Working independently and collaboratively within a supportive team environment and other Katherine organisations.
- Collaborate with Flinders University Placement Team regarding Student placements.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will meet the minimum criteria below:
- Experienced in provision of Speech Pathology services to clients, in clinic, home and community settings.
- Speech Pathology and registration with AHPRA.
- Have a strong emphasis on assessment and development of Behaviour Support Plans.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a practicing Speech Pathologist.
- Experience in or a sound understanding of Aboriginal cultures and cultural sensitivity.
- Superior time management and prioritisation skills.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Northern Territory C Class Licence or other state/ Territory equivalent.
- Have a First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain.
What NT Friendship and Support can offer:
- Exciting opportunity to utilise all your Speech Pathology skills.
- Ongoing training with CPD.
- Generous Salary between $71,864 to $94,328 per annum, depending on experience.
- 6 Weeks Annual leave including leave loading.
- Salary packaging, includes remote area packaging which could include packaging of the cost of travel back to your home town.
- The opportunity to make a difference on the ground by providing specialist Speech Pathologist services to the Katherine area and associated communities.
- Receive cultural orientation and support.
- Work life balance and favourable consideration for flexible working arrangements.
- Form part of a passionate allied health professional team and gain valuable experience working in a unique aboriginal health setting.
- Eligibility to apply for relocation assistance through NT PHN if relocating from interstate to the territory or from within the NT if moving from a more populated metropolitan location up to value of $8000.
The selected candidate will need to obtain:
- SAFE NT Working with Children Check.
- National Police Clearance valid in the last 3 months or willing to obtain.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to work in Katherine with NT Friendship and Support and have a minimum 2 years experience as a qualified Speech Pathologist, we encourage you to apply today. Alternatively, if you would like to know more about this unique opportunity please contact our NT PHN Recruitment and Retention team on 8982 1051.
The town of Katherine is the thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three-hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine River and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend activity.