- Use your Rural & Remote skills to provide best primary health care
- Work alongside a dedicated team of health professionals
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service was established over 40 years ago, and is one of Australia’s most mature and experienced Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO). Wurli currently delivers a wide range of effective, quality, culturally appropriate and progressive health care services to over 7,671 regular and transient Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients from Katherine and surround communities. Wurli also auspices the Binjari Health Service which provides comprehensive primary health care services to the Binjari Community with a population of approximately 300 located 15 kilometres west of Katherine.
The role of a General Practitioner is to provide evidence based and culturally appropriate primary health care to clients of the Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service. To work in accordance with Wurli policies and procedures, and ensure that standards are met in accordance with the Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited. The General Practitioner will have a positive impact in working with a multidisciplinary primary health care team, and contribute to ongoing development and sustained operation.
- Provide evidence based clinical care to clients with a team that includes Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioners, Registered Nurses and other Allied health Professionals whilst being culturally appropriate
- Provide high quality emergency care
- Develop management plans around acute and chronic illness
- Liaise with Indigenous agencies, community health clinics, hospitals and welfare providers to ensure clients are referred to the relevant service and programs
- Actively encourage client/family/community to encourage optimum health
- Provide education and clinical support to other team members
- Deliver health care in a manner that respects and honours clients as central decision makers in their health care
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Medical Degree/Vocationally Registered General Practitioner (VRGP)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in general practice
- Previous experience in Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health care
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- Accredited GP Register Supervisor
- Recent Rural & Remote Aboriginal health experience
BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
- Salary $190,000 plus super to $204, 915 plus super (dependent on experience)
- 6 weeks annual leave + leave loading
- 10 days study leave
- Relocation assistance of up to $3,000
- Travel assistance of $1,500 p/a
- Accommodation assistance
- Work life balance - Monday to Friday – 8:00am-4:30pm
- Career Development
- Salary Sacrifice arrangements
- Supportive team environment
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our Recruitment and Retention Team for a confidential discussion today.
t 08 8982 1010
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
The town of Katherine is the thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine river and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend activity.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!