NT PHN provides a comprehensive tailored no-cost recruitment service supporting Aboriginal Medical Services and private general practices throughout the Northern Territory looking to engage GPs, GP locums, nurses and allied health professionals.
Find a GP
We can assist you to fill your GP vacancy by:
- advertising your vacancy on the NT PHN website
- liaising with applicants, including: handling initial enquiries, disseminating information and recieveing applications
- selecting suitable candidates for consideration and advising unsuccessful candidates
- arranging interviews and assisting in the selection of the preferred candidate
- advising the successful candidate of the employment offer and arranging a site visit once the offer has been accepted
- assisting with registration and visa requirements when required
- arranging orientation, and post-placement support and grants for the successful applicant.
t 08 8982 1000 e firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a GP Locum
Do you know of a GP who wishes to take leave or know of a current vacancy? NT PHN can provide GP locums for Darwin, other regional centres in the Northern Territory and rural and remote communities. The GP locum placement service is available for AMS, private practices and clinics through which services are provided by the Northern Territory Department of Health.
Rural and remote health services may also be eligible to access the NT PHN subsidised GP locum relief program. Services operating in Remoteness Area (RA) location classifications of 4 and 5 may be eligible to apply for a subsidy.
Eligibility for a GP locum
Requests for a GP locum are processed in the following order of priority:
- Solo GP in a remote area
- Group practice GP in a remote area
- Solo GP in a regional centre
- Group practice GP in a regional centre.
Requests for locum support must be for a minimum period of two weeks. Eligibility is for the financial year (1 July to 30 June) and there is no provision to carry over unused subsidy entitlements to the next financial year. Trainee GPs, including registrars, are not eligible for locum assistance.
t 08 8982 1000 e email@example.com
Find a Nurse or Allied Health Professional
Advertising on the NT PHN website is available at no cost to the health service. Roles that are eligible for support from NT PHN must consist of a minimum of 50 per cent of the role delivering primary health care.
Do you already have a great team of a nursing or allied health professionals working in the Northern Territory? See how NT PHN continues to support the existing workforce by offering education and training opportunities.
Senior Project Officer – Allied Health
t 08 898210004 e firstname.lastname@example.org