2018 SARRAH National Conference Student Sponsorship
Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health (SARRAH) are hosting their national conference themed ‘Changing Landscapes, Changing Lives’ in Darwin from 12 to 14 September 2018.
This unique conference will showcase and explore changes in, including but not limited to, workforce, training and professional development, service delivery models, clinical practices and service delivery, community engagement, cross cultural service provision and Aboriginal health.
The three-day event, will offer learning and networking opportunities to a wide cross-section of public and private sector healthcare allied health providers, consumers, policy makers, students and researchers involved with rural and remote allied health.
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) invites applications from NT students currently studying an allied health discipline or Aboriginal health to access financial assistance to attend the SARRAH Conference. Grants are available from NT PHN for eligible students to attend and to assist with the costs associated with:
- full Conference Registration fees (including access to Welcome Reception and Conference Dinner and excluding additional social function tickets)
- economy airfare / required travel from their home location to Darwin and return
- accommodation (capped at $200 per night for four nights)
- airport to accommodation and return transfers
- accommodation to event and return transfers
To be eligible for an NT PHN SARRAH sponsorship grant, applicants must be:
- residing in the Northern Territory
- a student who:
- is enrolled in Cert IV Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care (Practice)
- is enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate allied health degree
- enrolled at a minimum of 0.5 full time equivalent (FTE)
- a member of your university’s Rural Health Club – see page 2 for details on how to become a member
- willing to provide a half page review to the NT PHN about the value of the conference, which is suitable to be published in NT PHN’s communications in order to inform peers about the conference.
To apply for this grant opportunity complete the application form and return it to email@example.com by 5pm 15 August, 2018.
Please note that SARRAH is also looking for volunteers for the conference. Please contact SARRAH for more information.
e firstname.lastname@example.org t 08 8982 1000