Are you an international medical graduate?

If you’re an international medical graduate and wish to practice medicine in Australia, you’ll need to verify your qualifications and experience.

The verification process (along with exams, where required) is through the Australian Medical Council (AMC), and registration is through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).

You’ll also be required to obtain a fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) or the Australian College for Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).

It’s worth noting that we only recruit for doctors looking to work in general practice, not hospital-based general practice or non-general practice positions. For these roles, please visit the Northern Territory Department of Health.

The opportunities and steps to get medical registration vary depending on your pathway. To determine which pathway you qualify for, please complete the Australian Medical Council’s self-assessment.

Your pathway will be one of the following:

  • standard Pathway
  • competent Authority Pathway
  • specialist Pathway

For more information on pathways, please visit the Australian Medical Council.

This scheme reduces the ten-year moratorium on provider number restrictions. It aims to attract suitably qualified and experienced overseas trained doctors to regional, rural and remote locations in Australia. To see if you’re eligible, read the Five Year OTD Scheme Guidelines.

Contact Us

For more information or support, please contact us.