An easy to use population health management, clinical decision support and data extraction tool for general practices.
Primary Sense is a population health management, clinical decision support and data extraction tool that helps GPs deliver the right care to patients at the right time.
As our data extraction tool of choice, Primary Sense is 100% funded for general practices in the Northern Territory that share their de-identified, full population health data set.
Designed by GPs, data experts and researchers, Primary Sense extracts de-identified general practice data and uses evidence-based algorithms to provide GPs with real-time medication alerts, reports and patient-care prompts. It also provides general practices and Primary Health Networks (PHNs) with on-demand reporting to help with population health management.
Watch to find out more about Primary Sense and how it works.
Developed to offer a range of benefits for GPs, Primary Sense:
- has been tried and tested since 2018 and is already being used by more than 750 general practices GPs across Australia
- includes the Johns Hopkins ACG® System – the world’s leading population health analytics software – that identifies high risk groups and predicts future health needs to improve a patient’s care plan
- is easy to use with most GPs and practice staff requiring little or no training to get started
- provides real-time medication safety alerts, patient-care prompts and near real-time data extractions
- provides on-demand reports to proactively plan care that can be used by GPs, practice managers and nurses
- is compatible with major practice clinical software systems, such as MedicalDirector and Best Practice (Genie and Zedmed are in the development pipeline)
- is hosted in Primary Health Insights (PHI) with all extracted, de-identified data privacy protected, securely stored and managed in Australia.