Advanced Training in Suicide Prevention – Webinar, Black Dog Institute
The Black Dog Institute’s Advanced Training in Suicide Prevention webinar aims to increase skill and confidence in:
Taking a detailed suicide history and developing a collaborative management plan to increase the safety of people planning suicide.
It also provides practical tools for health professionals managing the full spectrum of suicide risk presentations including the acute suicidal crisis,
care after a suicide attempt and assisting families experiencing suicide bereavement.
Completion of predisposing activity.
By the completion of this program participants will be able to:
- Undertake a suicide risk assessment effectively.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan
- Implement a team approach to treatment planning
- Provide effective management following a suicide attempt.
- Respond to the needs of people bereaved by suicide.
- 40 Accredited Activity CPD points (RACGP)
- 4 Performance review, 4 Education Activity PRPD (ACRRM)
- Mental Health CPD (GPMHSC)
- 1 MOPS point
- 6 hours CPD (Psychologists)
Normally $360. This training has been subsidised by the Ernest Heine Family Foundation. This grant is aimed at improving mental health in rural and regional areas across Australia.