Online Curing Hepatitis C In Primary Care
Expression of Interest
ASHM provides support to the HIV, viral hepatitis and sexual health workforce
1. Pre course survey
2. Online Learning Module (2 h)
3. Interactive Live Webinar (3 h)
4. Post course activity (2 case studies)
5. Post course survey
6. 3-month post survey
• Screen, order and interpret tests appropriately to diagnose chronic HCV infection
• Discuss strategies with patients to minimise transmission risk and improve liver health
• Perform the recommended pre-treatment assessment, including liver disease staging
• Determine the appropriate antiviral therapy for treatment of HCV and explain treatment to patient
• Implement monitoring and post-treatment follow-up recommendations
General practitioners, nurse practitioners, other practitioners prescribing or intending to prescribe s85 direct-acting antiviral (DAA) medication for HCV in primary care settings.
This education is a CPD Accredited Activity under the RACGP CPD Program. 40 points allocated.