Hepatitis B s 100 Prescriber Course in Katherine 15 June 2023
Menzies will be hosting a one day training in Katherine for all community-based medical practitioners managing hepatitis B in the community.
General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, other community-based medical practitioners based in Katherine and the Northern Territory, involved in the management of hepatitis B in primary care settings in the NT.
Upon successful completion of this free training and the associated case assessment, eligible participants may apply to the relevant state departments of
health for authority to prescribe Section 100 (s100) drugs for the management of hepatitis B in Australia.
Participants will learn to:
• Outline the critical role of primary care in the diagnosis, management and treatment of people living with chronic hepatitis B
• Plan long-term care, including guideline-based monitoring and hepatocellular carcinoma screening, for patients with chronic hepatitis B
• Select and prescribe first-line antiviral treatment when clinically indicated
• Identify situations where specialist advice or referral is required
• Integrate principles of person-centred and culturally competent care into hepatitis B management
ANCP & RACGP accredited.
Due to the transition to the new RACGP triennium, this activity’s accreditation is pending. Participants will need to self-record this activity via Quick Log through their RACGP myCPD dashboard. Your Statement of Attendance will include a breakdown of hours and activity types.
This activity is funded by Northern Territory Department of Health.
This course is free to attend for profession aligned with the target
audience who practice in Northern Territory.
Mobile: 0435 799 237