NT PHN sponsored places for CRANAplus Advanced Life Support – Nhulunbuy
About this event
NT PHN has secured 5 fully funded places to attend the upcoming Advanced Life Support course held by CRANAplus in Nhulunbuy.
$1,000 of travel an accommodation support is also available to successful applicants to attend this course. This will be awarded on a reimbursement basis.
Applications for this close COB Friday 8 July.
Information of the course:
“Advanced Life Support”
Designed for Nurses, Midwives, Paramedics, and Medical Officers, but open to any remote health care workers, the Advanced Life Support Program is based on ANZCOR Guidelines and best practice principles. The course will provide the remote health workforce with the advanced life support skills required in the management of the patient prior, during and after a cardio respiratory arrest with an emphasis on care in the remote and isolated setting. CRANAplus recommends that ALS be completed every two years and suggest that BLS be completed prior to undertaking the ALS course.
The CRANAplus Advanced Life Support one day course consists of the following:
- Online pre-course learning and assessments that must be completed one week before the course: Advanced Life Support online theory modules and assessment — approx. 8 hours of study
- Attendance at a one day workshop consisting of lectures, skill stations and practical based scenarios
- An individual scenario based assessment
On successful completion of this course, clinicians will be able to…
- Understand the important of early recognition of a deteriorating patient using the ABCDE approach.
- Deliver standardised adult CPR following the ALS algorithm.
- Manage a cardiac arrest specific to rural and isolated environments.
- Consider the relevant causes of a cardiopulmonary arrest in adults and treat reversible causes.
- Maintain high quality CPR with minimal interruptions.
- Promptly recognise and treat shockable and non-shockable rhythms.
- Understand the post resuscitation care required.
- Demonstrate accurate documentation and communicate a clear concise handover of findings and interventions using the ISBAR approach
- Understand the legal and ethical considerations around ALS
On successful completion participants will be awarded…
- A CRANAplus Advanced Life Support certificate (Valid for 2 years)
The opportunity is available to health professionals (nurses, midwives, paramedics, and medical officers) who may be required to provide ALS– working in primary health care within private practice, non-government and not-for-profit sector.